The New Year is here and everyone is jumping on the health train including getting back to bootcamp (we start Jan 9th and would love for you to join us!), eating better or taking it to the next level and doing a detox or cleanse.
BUT do you know what detoxification or cleansing actually is? It is very misunderstood and more time than not, a HUGE waste of money and time….but we are here to help!
Most of the time we think of a detox as a quick way to lose weight or drinking “special teas” or juices for 7 day but that is so not the case. And in the fitness and weight loss industry, the detoxes & cleanses are one of the fave marketing buzz words to get you to buy their products.
Wanna listen to the Head Chicks walk you through what detoxes are, how to detox naturally and the Top 5 ways you can do it every day for max results? Click on the play button below to listen to the podcast!
But in all reality, this practice has been done for 100’s of year and a supportive detox program can can help the body’s natural cleansing process by:
- Giving your organs a break through fasting;
- Driving toxins from the body by stimulating the liver (our main detoxifier!);
- Encouraging elimination by way of intestines, kidneys, and skin;
- Improving blood circulation; and
- Removing harmful toxins from your life while refueling your body with healthy, awesome nutrients.
There are so many different types of detoxes depending on your goals or health needs but here is a quick overview of the 4 things to note during any detox:
- MAKE SURE YOUR GUT IS HEALTHY! Many times we start a detox program but don’t consider how healthy our digestive system is. If you start to release toxins in your body and can’t eliminate it do a poor digestive track, it has to go somewhere and that may mean other organs, tissues and even the brain! Probiotics, removing toxic foods, less stress and eating real will greatly help your guts to get healthy prior to beginning
- REMOVE THE TOXINS! We are trying to get toxins out of our body so make sure you aren’t consuming additional ones. Eliminate alcohol, coffee, cigarettes, refined sugars, processed foods and bad fats, all of which act as toxins in the body and are obstacles to your healing process. Also, minimize the chemicals in your beauty products (ie deodorant, shampoos, facewash, etc…what we put on our skin gets absorbed into our system!) and chemical cleaners you may use in your house that will add to your toxic load. Lastly, reduce your emotional and mental stress during a detox. We want to feel chill to let our body do it’s work:)
- REPLACE WITH REAL, WHOLE FOOD! Eat the rainbow and fill your fridge with lots of bright coloured veggies mainly leafy greens which contain loads of fibre. Also we want to consume healthy fats, protein and water to keep the fibre moving (We don’t want to get backed up!). If possible focus on organic foods and wild or grass fed meats to reduce amount of toxins consumed
- PRACTICE DAILY DETOX METHODS AFTER THE DETOX IS DONE! Don’t just do a detox for a week or a month and go back to your old habits. There are small daily practices you can do to keep your body detoxing on the daily. What are they? Click on the player below and listen to the Head Chicks share their top 5 ways to support your body, reduce toxic load and refuel the body with healthy nutrients for health, weight loss & more!
Make sure to listen and let’s ditch these fad detoxes for good and get real changes to support your body for the long haul!
Want to stay in the loop for future podcasts? Click here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
And if you have a question about fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about or have any feedback about the show, simply email us at email@example.com …we would love to hear from you!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
PS. Want to learn more about how to break the diet cycle for good, lose weight naturally and help others do the same? Check out our 30 page program brochure for FIT CHICKS Academy’s latest certification, the Natural Weight Loss Coach program starting Jan 24, 2017!