CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN OR WATCH BELOW
This week we were beyond excited to have this amazing guest on the show. I was fangirling so hard, I can’t help but adore her! It was difficult to keep our guest a secret, but now the cat is out of the bag and we can share with you my interview with the one of my BIGGEST fitness inspirations…the one and only Jillian Michaels!!!! Amanda xo
Jillian Michaels is the world’s leading fitness expert, renowned nutritionist and successful entrepreneur. With an international community of followers exceeding 100 million, Jillian’s dominance in health and wellness extends to hit television series, successful fitness DVDs, a popular exercises streaming platform, 8 New York Times bestselling books, an award-winning podcast, live speaking engagements, a new fitness app, popular social media channels and a list of key business partnerships and investments.
Jillian joins us today to chat all about finding balance in life, her 12 hour rule, cardio vs strength, breaking away from routine, what inspired her for her ap, streaming websites and who in the industry she loves. We also cover off the evolution of fitness at home and her advice on what to do if you are just starting out on your fitness journey or if you are looking to up the ante. This interview is one not to be missed!
In this episode, we cover:
- Jillian’s 12 Hour Rule
- Why fitting in your workout is more important than where you workout
- Breaking away from routine
- Equipment you can use at home and other tools to make your workout program the most effective
- Apps, and how they can be a real game changer
- Fit Fusion and why I need to stop being a dinosaur and get with the new online streaming
- The evolution of the fitness industry
- How a fitness platform is like a music festival
- Who in the industry Jillian is collaborating with and why
- Jillian’s top tips on what you should do if you are just starting out in your fitness journey or if you are looking to up the ante
3 Key Points:
- You do not have to be perfect but you just have to get started, so find the right tools to make that happen for you.
- If you are just starting out, common sense and balance are key to getting the results you are working your butt off for. Remember it is calories in, calories out, try to avoid chemicals, move at least 30 minutes 4 x per week and have a variety of workouts to keep your body guessing.
- Finding time to take care of yourself is just as important as taking care of everyone else, so make your health a priority!
Bonus tip for fit pros:
- If you are part of the fitness industry you need to be supporting and lifting each other up as we should all be working together as a collective instead of hating on one another!
JILLIAN MICHAELS APP
- The app is like having Jillian as your own personal trainer – anytime, anywhere, right on your device
- Hundreds of fully customizable workouts for any level of fitness
- Meal plans for a variety of dietary needs including vegan, gluten free and more
- Easy recipes developed with registered dieticians and pro chefs
- Available for Android and iOS and already has over 500 5-star reviews
- Get the app at www.jillianmichaels.com or on iTunes Canada
- FitFusion is the leading streaming workout platform created by Jillian Michaels to bring the world’s top names in fitness together in one place
- Over 350 workouts from all modalities including HIIT, yoga, Pilates, strength training, kick-boxing, bootcamp, indoor cycling and more.
- Something for any and every fitness level
- Available anytime, anywhere from your computer, phone, table, and even TV
- Check it out at www.FITFUSION.com or on iTunes Canada
Follow Jillian on social media:
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Registration is open for the Sept 27, 2017
- Natural Weight Loss Coach: Become a nutrition weight loss expert! 8 week program starts Oct 23, 2017
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program