CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN or WATCH BELOW!
Today on the podcast we are honoured to have Samantha Montpetit-Huynh. Samantha is the mother of two beautiful girls, a certified pre and postnatal exercise specialist with over 15 years experience and the co-founder of Bellies Inc., the creators of the AB Tank Complete System, the most comprehensive, holistic system that combines restorative exercises and abdominal wrapping to help women build core confidence from pregnancy through motherhood.
Samantha is known extensively in her field and has appeared on Breakfast Television, CTV News, Canada AM, CHCH and Rogers Daytime. She was also the resident fitness expert on the Marilyn Denis Show, a national award winning lifestyle show across Canada, from 2013-2017. Samantha also helped to create the Today’s Parent Healthy Pregnancy Guide.
In this episode, we cover:
- Sam tells you her top 3 ways to get fit during your pregnancy
- What you should do if you are not active but now pregnant and what to avoid
- What you should avoid during your pregnancy and why to stay healthy
- Post natal care for you to feel fab
- Things to avoid post-natal
- Why snapping back to your pre-pregnancy jeans should not be your number one goal
- How a pelvic floor therapist can help and why you need one in your life
- Why “leaking” is not something that should be overlooked
- How social media is taking over our thoughts and feelings around where we “should be” post-natal and how to shake that thought
- What the most important thing is in her opinion for you to do pre and post-natal for a healthy and happy pregnancy
3 Key Points:
- Fitness and taking care of yourself is more important during pregnancy than any other time in your life. So if you are already active, continue and if you havent been active this is the best time to consider movement for your health and the health of your baby.
- Honor your body! Pre and post natal is not a time to “punish” yourself but instead to really pay attention to your body and what it needs. Rest when you need rest, eat when you are hungry and take time to heal so you do not possibly cause any possible injuries post natal.
- Set up an appointment with a Pelvic Floor Physiotherapist, it will be the best thing you could do for yourself.
Products – Belliesinc.com
Education – belliesinceducation.com
Follow Sam on social media:
Instagram: @samcoretrainer & @belliesinc.
Facebook: Bellies Inc.
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Registration is open for the Sept 27, 2017
- Natural Weight Loss Coach: Become a nutrition weight loss expert! 8 week program starts Oct 23, 2017
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program