CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN!
Bikini and fitness competitions are all the rage right now with everyone wanted six pack abs, sparkly suits and stepping on stage….but what does it REALLY take to go through this transformation not only in your workouts and nutrition but your long term physical and mental health? On today’s episode, we have 4 X IFBB Bikini Champion, Elite Coach & Founder of Fit Bunnie Inc, Functional Nutritionist and MS & Cancer fighter, Jill Bunny joining us to share with exactly what goes on behind the scenes to help you truly understand the world of fitness competitions. We cover it all – From what are fitness competitions to Jill’s journey to the stage, how to safely prepare for a competition (including who should NOT be doing them!), her health crisis and how to support your body and life after competing. Whether you want to compete or not, this podcast is a MUST listen for anyone wanting to understand how to approach the world of fitness competing – for yourself, your friends or your clients.
In this episode, we cover:
- Jill’s Journey to & from the Stage: How Jill went from her lowest point after her divorce to the highest ranking IFBB 4X Bikini Champion, her battle with MS and Thyroid Cancer, and her life after competing
- Fitness Competition 101 – What the levels are, how they are judged, the pro’s and con’s and what to expect and where to start
- How to know if you should or should NOT compete
- Jill Top tips to balancing long term health and the competition life style
- Finding a coach – the 5 questions you MUST ask before your commit to a coach
- Life after Competing: How to safely transition out of competition both physically, mentally AND emotionally
3 Key Points:
- Your physical and mental health for the LONG TERM is the most important thing when it comes to fitness competitions…you have to understand what you are doing so not to ruin that.
- Finding the right coach to support you through this journey – from beginning to post show – is critical to your success and health. Do your research!
- Learn to love your body for the machine it is, not just for the way it looks. It truly is amazing!
Amateur to Pro– Get a copy of Jill’s Book on how to compete safely
Life After Competing – Get a copy of Jill’s Books how to transition after the stage!
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Registration is open for the Sept 27, 2017
- Natural Weight Loss Coach: Become a nutrition weight loss expert! 8 week program starts Oct 23, 2017
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program