LISTEN ABOVE or SUBSCRIBE in iTunes
Today on the podcast we have fitness expert Shawna Kaminski to talk to us about menopause, how our bodies change after 40, and what women can do to be fit and fabulous at any age!
Shawna has been a fitness professional in the industry for over 30 years. She has a Bachelor of Kinesiology and Bachelor of Education and too many certifications to count. She is a teacher at heart, having taught school for 20 years. She’s a #1 best selling author of ‘Lose Your Menopause Belly’ available on Amazon and has owned a small group training studio and multiple fitness boot camps. She helps thousands of online fitness clients worldwide with her fitness and coaching programs. She’s appeared on national TV as a fitness expert, authored articles in numerous publications and created curriculum for international fitness businesses. Shawna is in her early 50’s, has two children and a one-eyed rescue dog.
In this episode, we cover:
- Learn the number 1 concern of women over 40 is
- How women’s bodies change after they reach 40
- Symptoms of perimenopause and menopause
- Simple natural solutions to help with everything from weight gain, hot flashes, mood swings and more
- Difference between menopause, insulin and thyroid issues and what to do about them
- Learn why you should be strength training today
- How to apply preventative measures for your health
- How caffeine can affect your weight and symptoms
- Number 1 food to avoid for maintaining weight or to lose fat today
3 Key Points:
- Any symptoms you are experiencing may be perimenopausal or menopausal or triggered by insulin or thyroid issues. It is important when you feel any new symptoms occurring in your body that you contact your doctor for a check up!
- Weight gain is a common occurrence after 40 but it does not have to be! Move your body, eat real whole foods made with love, rest and recover to reach optimal health. You can alter the way your metabolism works so be sure you are doing so in a positive way.
- Stress plays a huge role in visceral fat and unbalanced hormone levels. It is key to find balance to help reduce the possibility of adrenal fatigue as well as lower your cortisol levels to help with weight management.
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Registration is open for the Sept 27, 2017
- Natural Weight Loss Coach: Become a nutrition weight loss expert! 8 week program starts Oct 23, 2017
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting or changing an exercise or nutrition program