CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN!
What is our fave inexpensive, all natural SUPERFOOD that helps with digestion, joint health, preventing wrinkles and reducing cellulite? Magical Bone Broth! In this episode, Nutritionist & Head ChIck Laura shares why this traditional food is one we should all be making in our kitchen, the benefits of collagen and gelatin health, and what you need to know to make the most nutritious bone broth in your kitchen in less than 5 min!
Chicken Bone Broth Recipe (source draxe.com)
- 4 pounds chicken necks/feet/wings
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 medium onions, peel on, sliced in half lengthwise and quartered
- 4 garlic cloves, peel on and smashed
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon whole peppercorns
- 3 tablespoon ACV
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 5-6 sprigs parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 18-20 cups cold water
- Place all ingredients in a 10 quart capacity crock-pot.
- Add in water.
- Simmer for 24-48 hours, skimming fat occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Discard solids and strain remainder in a bowl through a colander. Let stock cool to room temperature, cover and chill.
- Use within a week or freeze up to 3 months.
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Click to download our 2018 brochure. Next program starts March 28, 2018
- Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert: Become a holistic nutrition weight loss expert! Next program starts April 24, 2018!
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program