Do you get stuck doing the same workout routine or program month after month? How often do you change your reps, sets, weights or rest to challenge your body in a new way and break through plateaus?
In this episode, Founders of FIT CHICKS Academy Laura & Amanda are taking you through the 5 keys to be able to progress your workouts every 4 – 6 weeks. These simple shifts that the Head Chicks use in their own workouts and with clients will not only boost your metabolism, help build lean muscle and get you on the way to your goals faster!
CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN!
In this episode, we cover:
- What is progressive overload
- How to keep progressing your workouts in the gym and at home
- What is your baseline and how to determine it
- Why progress in never linear
- How the FIT CHICKS personally progress in their workouts
- How just changing the position or variation of an exercise can help you progress
- The 5 ways you can ensure you are always challenging yourself and making progres
3 Main Takeaways:
- It’s important to figure out your baseline for an exercise where you are struggling to complete the last rep in a set. Moving up from one pound to two pound weights may be “progressing”, but not if you could have started with ten pounds
- Switching up your program regularly with either different exercises, sets, reps, weight, and/or decreased rest periods are key to continually make progress over time
- Progress is not linear – there will be times when you increase strength quickly (especially in the first 3 months of lifting), but as long as you are consistently challenging yourself you will get stronger and leaner over time.
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Click to download our 2018 brochure. Next program starts March 28, 2018
- Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert: Become a holistic nutrition weight loss expert! Next program starts April 24, 2018!
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program