Today we have the super amazing Registered Dietician and Food Therapist, Shira Lenchewski to help us get to the bottom of WHY our eating patterns may be sabotaging your results, how to recognize your emotional hang-ups around food (i.e. trust issues, the pleaser trap, a hot-and-cold pattern), and all the necessary tools to overcome them to stop letting food rule our lives! Not only does Shira have a strong science foundation but as the resident nutrition expert at GOOP, contributor to the Emmy Award Winning “The Doctors” TV Show and Author (who is getting so much Instagram love from Mandy Moore, Lauren Conrad, Jordana Brewster, Minka Kelly, and more!), she shares her refreshingly practical and disarming food therapy guide, that will help you hone the skills needed to put her get-healthy intentions into daily action in your life.
CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN!
In this episode, we cover:
- Shiva reveals root causes of our emotional hang-ups around food
- Why is it important to our emotional and physical health to uncover your root causes of our emotional hang ups around food
- What are the necessary tools to overcome them
- Recommended resources to learn more and support them through this transition
- How she personally balanced health, wellness and fitness with her career and personal life
About Shira Lenchewski
Shira Lenchewski, MS, RD, is a Registered Dietician with a strong science foundation and a meaningful understanding of the interplay between food and the body. She is the resident nutrition expert at GOOP, and has been featured in Shape, Glamour, LaurenConrad.com, Elle, Refinery29, BonAppetit.com and PopSugar Fitness, among other outlets. You can learn more about her at www.ShiraRD.com.
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Click to download our 2018 brochure. Next program starts September 2018.
- Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert: Become a holistic nutrition weight loss expert! Next program starts June 26, 2018
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program