In this interview find out why we need to stop taking yoga and ourselves so seriously! We are talking with Co-Founder of Power Yoga Canada and our amazing friend Pauline Cabellero all about why yoga is taken so seriously, how to get comfortable in a yoga program, why she discovered yoga and how it quickly became her main form of movement and more. We also dive into what yoga really means and why it is not just about being “flexible”. Get ready to learn why we call it a practice and why we need to throw the word perfection out.
CLICK ON THE PLAYER ABOVE TO LISTEN!
In this episode, we cover:
- Why Pauline decided to give yoga a try
- The biggest misconceptions in yoga
- Why a yoga practice will help you achieve balance on and off of your mat
- How your breath can help you when the teacher asks you to go a little deeper
- What a drishti is and how it is used in yoga practice
- Why it is a practice and not about being perfect
- Getting over the intimidation of yoga
- Top tips of how to get started with a practice today either at home or at a studio
3 Main Takeaways:
- As the title suggest Yoga is a practice and not about being perfect. It is important to remember that every pose will look and feel different for each person. There is no right or wrong there is just “try”.
- Whatever your reason is for exploring yoga it is a great reason. Do not let anyone tell you different. If it is for weight loss, increased flexibility, mobility, better sleep, sound mind or another reason it is the right reason.
- A lot of people become very intimidated with yoga and feel like they need to learn yoga before they can begin to practice yoga. We hear the same story often when it comes to FIT CHICKS Bootcamp as well, that you need to get in shape before starting bootcamp. Remember, everyone is a beginner at some point and instead of feeling intimidated by where you are at on your journey be inspired by where you can go.
About Pauline Caballero
Pauline Caballero is a Baptiste Yoga Teacher and co-founder of Power Yoga Canada™ first Baptiste Affiliate studios and 200 & 500hr Registered Yoga Schools in Ontario, Canada. Her strong background in physiology enables her to safely and effectively guide her students to their edge, while allowing the space to support their growth. After a full career in the corporate world, Pauline continued on a different path studying and working extensively with Baron Baptiste on well over 30 programs. She currently is fulfilling her life time commitment and passion to empowering people every where on the planet as she serves as Chair for Africa Yoga Project.
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Click to download our 2018 brochure. Next program starts September 2018.
- Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert: Become a holistic nutrition weight loss expert! Next program starts June 26, 2018
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at email@example.com with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program