Hey Chicks, At FIT CHICKS Academy we love seeing students and grads in the Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program (FNE) in action, creating their own fierce workouts and healthy recipes. Today we are thrilled to share this recipe for you from recently Certified Fitness & Nutrition Expert Michelle Thomas because it is easy, chick-approved, and amazingly delicious! Michelle created this recipe for one of the assignments in the Nutrition Module of the FNE program, and excited to introduce Michelle and her delicious recipe with you. Take it away!
Taking Fit Chicks Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program was one of the best decisions I have made. When I initially started the program, I actually thought I wanted to work with people that wanted to do Macro based nutrition programs, I am working on software to support this process. I was taking this course to fill in some “blanks”. However, the program itself caused me to do some soul searching and I discovered that what I really enjoy about the entire aspect of the Macro’s coaching was working with people that have over 100 pounds to lose. I enjoy the process of helping people build a system that works for them.
I have a degree in psychology as well as in software engineering, so this program helped me realize it was the wellness aspect of coaching that I really shine at, and that is where I should focus my energies. So, with that said, I am actually building out two separate businesses. Right now, I am focusing on ONEderland Wellness. http://www.ONEderlandWellness.
com has a focus of helping primarily women that have 100 or more pounds to lose. The processes I help women implement, are actually modifications of the processes that I implemented to lose over 100 pounds at 43 years old after being sedentary my entire life and living a life buried under the hardships of obesity for the majority of those years from childhood through adulthood. The primary goal of ONEderland Wellness is to help people start and travel through their journey to healthy. It’s an amazing journey filled with non-scale victories then lead to a healthy active life!
3 Corn Tortilla’s
3 oz Red Bell Pepper
2 oz Portabella Mushrooms
1 oz Red Onion
4 oz Chicken tenders (about 3)
5 Pepper Seasoning of Choice
28 grams of cheddar cheese shredded
½ cup chunky salsa of choice
Pam Olive Oil Spray
- Spray cookie sheet with Pam Olive Oil Spray set aside.
- Sprinkle Chicken tenders with 5 Pepper Seasoning, place on medium grill for 4-7 min each side. I like mine crispy, so I usually go for 7 min on each side.
- Chop vegetables in ¼-1/2-inch chunks place on cookie sheet and spray with oil. Sprinkle 5 Pepper Seasoning on Veggies.
- Place veggies under oven broiler for 7 min.
- When veggies are done, stir together on cookie sheet and push to a corner. Place corn tortillas on the sheet and spray. (I usually end up with one tortilla on the veggies) Place in broiler for about 1.5 mins keeping an eye on it, so it doesn’t over crisp. Flip and repeat. When done remove and set aside.
- When Chicken is done cut into ¼ to ½ inch chunks.
- On corn tortillas split the veggies, chicken and cheese evenly and return to broiler until melted.
Serve on plate with ½ cup of salsa.
Fat 11.8 g; Carbs 43.2 g; Protein 38.3 g; Fiber 3.8 g; Calories 411
Thank you so much for sharing, Michelle!
Find out more about Michelle at
PS Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Fitness & Nutrition Expert? Download our program brochure here and learn how you start to create your dream life, health & career!