Hey Chicks, At FIT CHICKS Academy we love seeing students and grads in the Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program (FNE) in action, creating their own fierce workouts and healthy recipes. Today we are thrilled to share this recipe for you from recently Certified Fitness & Nutrition Expert Ann Fasciano because it is complete in 3 and amazing! Ann created this recipe for one of the assignments in the Nutrition Module of the FNE program, and excited to introduce Ann and her delicious recipe with you.
My name is Ann, after spending the first 15 years of my adult life being morbidly obese, I made the very difficult decision to have RNY surgery. I have since lost 130lbs and am obsessed with being active. I absolutely LOVE IT. I chose to take the Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program to help other women take control of their lives! I am enjoying the course immensely and can’t wait to start my journey.
I absolutely love Greek quinoa salad; it is one of my favorite go to meals. So I decided to combine it with chicken, which is also one of my faves. I tried Greek salad for the first time when I was 21 and went on my first trip by myself to visit my Godmother. The recipe for the dressing is hers, it is to die for. I think anyone who loves Greek salad will enjoy this recipe.
This is complete in 3 recipe that is high in protein combined with a healthy carb and a variety of veggies. It is relatively quick to prepare and packed with flavor!
Greeky Stuffed Chicken
- 1.5 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tbs red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp powdered chicken stock
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- ½ cup quinoa
- ¼ cup cucumbers
- ¼ cup mixed bell peppers
- 1/8 cup red onions
- ¼ cup feta cheese
- 2 tbs black olives
4-4oz boneless and skinless chicken breast
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Cook the Quinoa as per package direction.
- While Quinoa is cooking, mix all dressing ingredients, whisk and set aside.
- Finely chop cucumbers, bell peppers and red onions.
- Measure feta cheese and black olives and set aside.
- Once the quinoa has cooled, mix all stuffing ingredients in the quinoa.
- Add the dressing.
- Cut a horizontal slit nearly all the way through the chicken and open like a pocket.
- Stuff the chicken with the quinoa stuffing.
- Sprinkle the chicken with Mrs. Dash
- Cook until chicken is no longer pink and temperature reaches 165 degrees. About 25-30 minutes.
- You may omit the quinoa and just stuff it with the Greek veggies.
- If you’re vegan, use vegan feta cheese.
- If you dislike one of the ingredients, you can choose to double up on another ingredient instead.
- Serve with veggies of your choice or a garden salad. You can make extra dressing and keep for your salad.
Thank you so much for sharing, Ann!
PS Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Fitness & Nutrition Expert? Download our program brochure here and learn how you start to create your dream life, health & career!