Do you struggle with the idea that if you had the “perfect body” you would be happy and your life would be complete? Do you feel guilt around the foods you eat and the amount of exercise you do? In this guest interview, the amazing Shelbye Schlange from the Podcast “Living over Losing” and Fitness Model shares her story of self discovery, self acceptance in a world where we are constantly told we are good enough, her journey to eating disorder recovery and addiction/anxiety/depression recovery plus the balance of the societal definition of “health” and real life, and much more.
CLICK ON THE PLAYER TO LISTEN!
In this episode, we cover:
- How Shelbye got into fitness and fitness modelling
- What it was like to work in an industry that focuses on the outside only
- What was Shelbye’s rock bottom and what made her shift the way she saw it
- How she got on this path to self love and what actions she took
- What 3 tips for women who are trying to let go of body image issues
- What Shelbye would tell her 16 year old self
- And more!
About Shelbye Schlange:
Shelbye Schlange Barragan is a professional model and host of the popular blog and podcast “Living Over Losing” that has begun to embrace her authentic self through yoga, meditation and mindfulness. She has struggled in the past with eating disorders and compulsive exercise. She has recently transformed her life from chaotic, stressful and anxiety filled to a more balanced and authentic path.Shelbye grew up in New England and has been a cheerleader her whole life. Body image has been a struggle for her since she was young. Yoga has helped to reconnect her mind and body so that she can focus again on what means most to her in life. She is now on the path to becoming a professional counselor and eating disorder therapist to help others that are in similar situations.
You can listen to her podcast at https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/living-over-losing/id1355968372?mt=2
- Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program: Get certified in fitness, nutrition, wellness & business in 12 weeks! Click to download our 2018 brochure. Next program starts September 26 2018.
- Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert: Become a holistic nutrition weight loss expert! Next program starts October 16 2018. Download our program brochure now!
Want to help support the show?
- Subscribe to us on iTunes and leave a review. Android users can subscribe on Google Play so you never miss an episode!
- Stay in the loop for future podcasts by Clicking here and we will make sure you are the first to know when they are available plus other awesome bonuses too!
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions fitness, nutrition, wellness or business that you would like us to give our 2 cents about!
- Follow us on Facebook!
Laura & Amanda – FIT CHICKS xo
*For informational purposes only. Please consult a physician before starting an exercise program