At FIT CHICKS Academy we love seeing the creative smoothie recipes our Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert students whip up in their blenders! Today we are excited to share this recipe for you from recent Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert Program grad Chelsey Daley. It’s an awesome balanced breakfast that even your kids will love!
“Mom + Wife + entrepreneurHi everyone! My name is Chelsey Daley and while originally from Moncton, NB, I have been calling Fredericton home for the past 5 years. I graduated from St Thomas University in 2015 and married my high school sweetheart the same year. In 2017 I decide to dive into the world of entrepreneurship and opened Sequoia, a successful health food store in the heart of downtown Fredericton.2018 has been one of the most amazing years yet – I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl!When I’m not at the store, you will find me spending time with my family, running with my dog, and enjoying the outdoors. I’m passionate about wellness, nutrition, and fitness and hope to inspire other boss moms along my journey.The Strawberry Banana Weight Loss Smoothie is a delicious and easy breakfast for any weight loss meal plan. I created this smoothie to be nutrient dense, and delicious. This smoothie is packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants, calcium, iron, omega 3 fatty acids and amino acids. It also helps to repair muscles, is easy to digest, and balances blood sugars. My husband is pretty picky when it comes to smoothie texture and taste, so I tried to keep it simple. As you can see from the photo above we like to smoothie prep a month at a time- the strawberry banana weight loss smoothie is my husbands’ favourite, having a good blender defiantly helps with the texture. I recommended a Vitamix to break down the chia, flax, and hemp hearts.”
Chelsey’s Strawberry Banana Weight Loss Smoothie
- 16oz Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 1 Cup of spinach
- 1 Tablespoon of Chia Seeds
- 1 Tablespoon Hemp Hearts
- 1/2 Banana
- ½ Cup Strawberries
- ½ Tablespoon Ground Flax Seed
- Prepare your smoothie prep area, wash hands, gather all ingredients and tools
- Wash spinach and strawberries
- Add all ingredients to the blender
- Blend for 1-2 minutes until desired texture
- Pour into your favourite smoothie cup ( try to use a metal straw or no straw at all 😊 )
- Smoothie prep ahead of time. My husband and I smoothie prep once a month. This way we have no excuse when it comes to a healthy and fast meal! Preparing ahead leaves no room for error. When you are hungry you are more likely to slip up and grab something fast, easy and unhealthy. Being prepared allows you to grab something fast, healthy and satisfying.
- Don’t like Almond Milk? Try coconut milk!
- If you can’t find ground flax seed grind it up and a coffee grinder, you want to make sure your flax seed is ground so you are receiving all the nutrients 😊
Thank you so much for sharing, Chelsey
PS Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Holistic Nutrition Weight Loss Expert? Download our program brochure here and learn how you start to create your dream life, health & career!