Hey Chicks, At FIT CHICKS Academy we love seeing the creativity and hard work of our Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program (FNE) students and grads. Today we are pumped to share this recipe for you from recently Certified Fitness & Nutrition Expert Lois Odegard! Lois created this recipe for one of the assignments in the Nutrition Module of the FNE program! We are excited to introduce Lois and her creation!
My name is Lois, I’m a wife & a mom to 3 amazing, busy kids.Before taking the fitness & nutrition course I had just started working a full time job with an insurance company. I had always had a dream of being in the fitness industry doing personal training & being able to help people meet there goals and feel their best.I’ve since quit my job with insurance to focus solely on my business! I am slowly building up my bootcamp classes & my personal training clientele & anxiously looking forward to building up my couples program idea to launch in the near future!You can find me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/cicadafitness/And on Instagram @CICADA_FITNESS
Bacon Slaw Wrap
I LOVE wraps. They are quick, easy and for the most part mess free and it seems everyone in my family loves them too, so it’s a win win here! I am one of those people that love to create and mix up something different with wraps all the time. However, this is one that I go to quite a lot. The ingredients in this are something I always have on hand you can use in so many things. Also it hits all 3 components for a healthy balanced meal! It has sunflower seeds, bacon (which gives you your healthy fats!), parmesan cheese and Greek yogurt which is full of protein, not to mention the cabbage, carrots and onion pack the punch with your healthy carbs, AKA Fiber! It doesn’t take long to cook and prep it and have it on the table and in the hands of my 3 busy kids!
This is a quick delicious, healthy, garlicy wrap with a crunch, that is guaranteed to hit the spot and you won’t hear any complaints!
PREP TIME: 15 min
COOK TIME: 15 min
TOTAL TIME: 15 min
TOTAL SERVINGS: 2
TOTAL CALORIES PER SERVING: 494
MACRONUTRIENT BREAKDOWN PER SERVING (INCL FIBRE GRAMS!):
- 3 slice, Thick Sliced Bacon
- 2 cup, chopped, Cabbage, raw
- 1 medium, Carrots, raw- shredded
- ¼ cup Purple Onion
- 2 tbsp(s), Unsalted Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tbsp(s), Cranberries – Dried, sweetened
- 28 g (1/4 cup), 100% Parmesan Cheese (Shredded)
- 2 wrap, Large Whole Wheat Tortilla
Home Made Garlicy Aioli Sauce
- 4 Tbs Greek Yogurt
- ½ tsp unpasteurized honey
- 1 clove, Garlic Clove, Smashed
- 1/8 tsp, ground, Pepper
- 1 tbsp(s), Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Fry Bacon in a hot pan, while the bacon is frying you can prep the rest of the ingredients.
- In a bowl add thinly sliced Cabbage, shredded Carrot, onion, sunflower seeds, cranberries, and parmesan cheese.
- The bacon should be done by this step if you are slicing and prepping the veggies yourself. Remove from pan and let cool.
- In a small bowl mix Greek yogurt, honey, fresh crushed Garlic, lemon juice and pepper.
- Chop the bacon into small pieces and add to the bowl with the veggies, lightly mix everything together.
- Add the homemade garlicy aioli sauce to the veggie mixture and mix in well.
- Lay out 2 tortilla wraps and add half of the mixture onto one wrap and the other half onto the other. Wrap up and Enjoy!
TIPS TO ALTER IN LIEU OF A DIETARY RESTRICTION
For Dairy free and Vegan options, substitute Parmesan Cheese for Parma. Use avocado in place of Greek yogurt and in place of bacon you can use Tofurkey smoky maple bacon marinated tempeh or any other substitute of your choice.
You can exchange the wrap out for a lettuce for a gluten free option as well!
TIPS TO SUB AN INGREDIENT TO ALTER THE RECIPE
You can exchange the sunflower seeds to pumpkin seeds or any other seed or seed mixture of your choice.
I use a block of fresh parmesan however for convenience you could use shredded parmesan.
I love garlic, and this wrap I super garlicy! You may choose to use only a small portion of the crushed garlic rather than a whole clove.
The options of this wrap are unlimited. You can mix up or replace almost any of the ingredients in this wrap to tailor to your specific needs!
I hope you enjoy this delicious wrap as much I do!
Thanks for sharing Lois! You can find out more about Lois on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheBeHealthyBeHappyCoach/
PS Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Fitness & Nutrition Expert? Download our program brochure here and learn how you start to create your dream life, health & career!