Hey Chicks, At FIT CHICKS Academy we love seeing the creativity and hard work of our Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program (FNE) students and grads. Today we are pumped to share this recipe for you from recently Certified Fitness & Nutrition Expert Karen Ward! Karen created this recipe for one of the assignments in the Nutrition Module of the FNE program! We are excited to introduce Karen and her creation!
My name is Karen Ward, I live in Stuart, FL and am a recent graduate of the FNE program in late 2019. I am also a certified Running Coach, fitness instructor and Wellness Coach. Being healthy is not just about exercise it is a full body experience; mind, body, soul, nutrition and fitness. I AM passionate about working with women helping them to learn to love themselves in the body they are in – no matter your size. You have to love who you, in the body you have to be the best you ever. Helping women discover that each day is different, looking for the small and big victories putting one foot in front of the other each day.The Fitness & Nutrition Expert Program was just what I was looking for to get my personal fitness and group fitness certification while working my day job, my running coaching, busy life with girl friends and family while taking classes at home. FNE program was a full comprehensive program of curriculum, how to, business development and best practices. If I AM being honest the name FIT CHICKS drew me in; with my email tag line of sassyfitchick. The resources, continued education, and support are amazing.My certification has allowed me to work with more woman to create a life that they love through education, exercise, nutrition all leading to loving themselves.
7 Layer Egg Bake
Forget the dip pass around this yummy, delicious, breakfast for your next get together. Inspired by my love for 7 layer bean dip and a conversation I had with my Mom about breakfast lasagna. Kids will love it because it tastes great, Mom’s will love it even more because it nutrient packed and simple. This was also created with keeping complete meals in mind that include protein, fats and nutrient dense carbohydrates. Girl Friend approved for your next brunch with Mimosa’s too.
VEGETARIAN – BREAKFAST – ON THE GO – BRUNCH
PREP TIME: 30 minutes
COOK TIME: 15 minutes
TOTAL TIME: 45 minutes
TOTAL SERVINGS: 12
TOTAL CALORIES PER SERVING: 143
MACRONUTRIENT BREAKDOWN PER SERVING (INCL FIBRE GRAMS!):
Protein 165.75 g
Fat 78.96 g
Carbs 84.07 g
Fiber 23.47 g
Net Carbs 60.6 g
MACROS per serving:
Fat 7 g
Carbs 7 g
Fiber 2 g
Net Carbs 5 g
- Dozen eggs
- 1 Container Baby Spinach 5 oz.
- Small container Baby Bellas Mushrooms 8 oz.
- Chipotle Black Tofu Black Bean Crumbles
½ bag (4 cups)
- Roma Tomatoes (4)
- Broccoli Florets (1 head of fresh broccoli or 8 oz. bag of frozen Birds Eye florets)
- Cottage Cheese, Small Curd 8 oz. container
- Crack and whisk eggs in a bowl
- Coat sides and bottom of 8 qt. glass dish with olive oil, coconut oil or your favorite oil for prepping pans for easy non-stick serving bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes
- Cook Chipotle Tofu Black Bean Crumbles as directed, set aside in bowl till ready to assemble
- Clean and prep broccoli, mushrooms, and spinach (while Chipotle Tofu Black Bean Crumbles are being cooked)
- Steam broccoli till consistency for easy chopping, let cool and chop up, set aside in bowl till needed to assemble
- chop mushrooms and sauté to remove water, set aside in bowl till needed to assemble
- chop spinach, set aside in bowl till needed to assemble
- Assemble all ingredients in 8 qt. rectangle glass baking dish on top of the cooked egg layer ; one layer at a time until all ingredients are done, with the exception of Roma tomatoes (hold those for later)
- Place in oven for approximately 10 minutes to melt cottage cheese
- Cut Roma tomatoes while melting the cottage cheese; Add cut tomatoes when dish is removed from the oven
- Serve and eat away
TIPS TO ALTER IN LIEU OF A DIETARY RESTRICTION
- Not a tofu fan or you have an allergy – you can add ground chicken, ground beef, sausage or bacon
TIPS TO SUB AN INGREDIENT TO ALTER THE RECIPE
- Want to add some healthy fat you can make it an 8 layer bake and add fresh avocados
- Egg whites or egg substitute can be used as well
- Not a fan of cottage cheese, substitute with Plain Greek yogurt
- Note…alter the recipe will change all of the nutritional value indicated
Thanks for sharing Karen!
PS Do you want get CERTIFIED as a Fitness & Nutrition Expert? Download our program brochure here and learn how you start to create your dream life, health & career!